Sunday, August 8, 2010

Write with us!

August 21 is a significant date. It's the day that my son Daniel was due. He didn't arrive that day. He clung to the womb and waited another four days, pressing heavily against my sciatic nerve. When he was born on the 25th---a healthy nearly ten pound baby---all my pain went away. Joy and excitement filled my heart.

Four years later, the pain would be back---a different pain---consuming me both physically and emotionally. On February 2, 1997, Daniel left Earth for a journey to Heaven. His body had weakened due to a small blue cell tumor, and from all the treatments involved to rid his little body of it.

This year on the 21st, the second Writing the Heartache All Day Workshop will be held. I'm looking forward to welcoming all who join us to write through the funny memories as well as the painful ones. I anticipate hearing the stories of each participant as we write poetry, essays, letters, and learn how to cope with sorrow. We'll learn to write from mementoes and photographs. We'll see the value of journaling and writing for publication and advocacy.

Please head over to my website to read more about the day and to register for the course.

I hope to see you there!



No comments:

Post a Comment