Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Counting Blessings Through the Tears

The other day I thought about blessings. I tend to be the type of person to see the proverbial glass half full, but not yesterday. Or Monday, or whatever day it was.
I just saw despair, no hope. Worry became my companion, especially at 2 AM. Through my tears, my husband made dinner. My kids did their chores. The new puppy went outside to do his business. And I began to think, don't let these things go unnoticed.

I made a list of what I was grateful for----simple things like the puppy knowing when to slip out the doggie door. I continued to add to the list---a friend who listened to me, another person signing up for my online workshop, a beautiful sunset, a garden of fragrant peonies.

My problems still mounted, but suddenly, they were not all I saw.

I thought of how even the Bible promises we will have trials and tribulations.
But, it also promises that God will be near, never abandoning, even when we
are tired of living with ourselves.

Have you stopped in your anguish to count the blessings? Have you been surprised at how many there are?

I hope so!

Start jotting them down on a notepad. In your sorrow, don't forget these treasures. You can't afford to miss out on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment